The pharmaceutical industry relies heavily on clean in place (CIP) systems because:
- operators are not required to enter classified areas to perform pharmaceutical cleaning process
- difficult to access areas can be cleaned
- production time between production runs is minimized
- recycling the cleaner can reduce cost
Equipment used in pharmaceutical manufacturing must be cleaned before each use, and the cleaning procedure used must be in accordance with good manufacturing practices (cGMPs) and other relevant regulatory guidelines. There are different types of CIP including single pass systems and recirculation systems. No matter which type is used, Alconox Inc. provides support to meet cGMP regulations and detergents ideally suited for CIP systems.
The Alconox technical team has written Aqueous Cleaning Handbook, which includes Standard Operating Procedures for CIP systems for assistance in pharmaceutical cleaning, and other related industries (biotech, cosmetic, etc.).
Alconox, Inc. also manufacturers several low-foaming liquid cleaners that work well as CIP detergents including:
- SolujetⓇ Low-Foaming, Phosphate Free Liquid Detergent, which is an alkaline cleaner that best removes oils, fats, grease.
- CitrajetⓇ Low Foaming Liquid Acid Cleaner, which is an acidic cleaner best suited to remove insoluble hydroxides and metal oxides.
These detergents rinse freely in a CIP system and selecting which to use depends on the type of soil being removed as well as the hard surface being cleaned.
To request an Alconox, Inc. detergent for free, please complete the questionnaire at Get Sample. For more information about any one of our Alconox, Inc. detergents, consult the technical bulletin for each product. Or click here to access each of our detergent’s Safety Data Sheets.
Contact us any time: email@example.com