Q: We are working with cannabis and CBD extractions. We have encountered great results cleaning equipment with your detergents. Do you have floor recommendations? Can we use the same detergent?
A: Yes. The same Detonox® Ultimate Precision Cleaner or Alconox® Powdered Precision Cleaner you are using to manually clean your equipment to remove sticky cannabis and related residues can be used on most flooring.
A proven floor cleaning method with 2 buckets and one or two mops involves:
- Sweep or vacuum the floor to remove loose particulate residues
- Dip clean mop in 1% Detonox or Alconox wash solution and ring out in to the wash solution.
- Mop an area of floor to wash it
- Dip the mop back in the wash solution and ring it out in to the wash solution bucket
- Repeat back to step 2 until an amount of floor has been washed such that the beginning area has not dried out yet
- Either switch to a fresh mop, or use your rung out wash mop and dip it in a fresh rinse water bucket, ring out the mop in to the fresh rinse water bucket
- Mop rinse the beginning approximately 1.5 sq. meter (16 sq ft) area
- Dip the rinse mop in the fresh water and ring it out.
- Continue mop rinse as in steps 7 and 8 until all the washed area has been rinsed.
- Repeat back to step 2 to continue washing more floor
- When the mop head, wash bucket or rinse water is excessively contaminated, replace them
Note: Many customers have reported success using Alconox powder as a grit or paste (small amount of water added to powder). This makes for a great scrub for floor spots that have a lot of build up and need heavy “elbow grease.” As always hotter water will help!
This procedure has proven successful for floor cleaning in a number of our other industries and has been show effective in cannabis, CBD and related applications. For further details or higher level cleaning, please contact us any time.
To request an Alconox Inc. detergent for free, please complete the questionnaire at Get Sample. For more information about any one of our Alconox Inc. detergents, consult the technical bulletin for each product. Or click here to access each of our detergent’s Safety Data Sheets.
Contact us any time: email@example.com